What Is It?
Last week, I released a free PDF called "The Clean Coder's Guide to Laravel". It's a 70-page PDF that covers 6 different topics of how to write clean code in your Laravel projects.
What Topics Does It Cover?
The guide contains the following 6 chapters:
- Cleaning Up Laravel Controllers - Learn how to clean up "bloated" controllers by extracting your authorisation, validation and business logic out into separate classes. This chapter shows how you can achieve this by using form requests and DTOs (data transfer objects).
- Quick & Easy Tips to Speed Up Your Application - Learn about several different tips that you can implement quickly to speed up your Laravel applications. This chapter discusses caching, optimising database queries, and reducing uneeded bloat from packages.
- How to Create Your Own Helper Functions - Learn how to create your own helper functions in Laravel and then register them using Composer.
- Using Interfaces to Write Better PHP Code - Learn about how you can use interfaces to decouple your code. This chapter discusses how you can use interfaces to make your code more testable, extendable and maintainable.
- Using the Strategy Pattern - Learn about how to use the strategy pattern to make your code more extendable and readable.
- Making Your Laravel Application More Testable - Learn about how to make your code more testable. This chapter also briefly discusses topics such as dependency injection, the Laravel service container and mocking.
How Do I Get My Copy?
This download is completely FREE! If you haven't already downloaded it, you can simply drop your email address into the text box at the top or bottom of this post.